People of all ages, including children, can participate in meaningful reconciliation activities including learning about reconciliation and the Truth and Reconciliation Commission's Calls to Action, learning about the history of Canada from a variety of viewpoints and learning about fun and engaging ways to get involved.
Here are some activities that would be great for children in the Early Childhood age range:
- Creating Valentine's cards for Have a Heart Day.
- Bringing teddy bears to school or daycare for Bear Witness Day.
- Making hearts and planting a heart garden for Honouring Memories, Planting Dreams.
- Hosting a Reconciliation Ambearssador to learn about and participate in reconciliation for the school year.
- Spirit Bear colouring sheets below