Jordan's Principle Scholarship
Applications for 2024 are now open!
Deadline for applications is April 30, 2024 11 p.m. Eastern Time.
Named in loving memory of Jordan River Anderson, the Jordan's Principle Scholarship will be awarded to First Nations students studying children’s holistic health and wellbeing.
We are delighted to announce that two $5,000 scholarships and two $2,500 scholarships are available to assist First Nations students with post-secondary education costs this year.
The additional $5,000 scholarship is made in memory of Joan Glode. Joan was a fierce advocate for First Nations children. We are especially inspired by her longstanding advocacy for Jordan's Principle and ensuring that First Nations children have opportunities to grow up at home.
The Jordan's Principle Scholarship is open to First Nations students studying children’s holistic health or wellbeing at a Canadian post-secondary institution.
In addition, applications will require the following:
- Confirmation of First Nations identity.
- Confirmation of registration at a Canadian post-secondary institution in a program directly relevant to children’s holistic health or wellbeing.
- Demonstrated commitment to First Nations children’s health and community service.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Jordan’s Principle.
- Demonstrated academic commitment and achievement.
- Financial need will be considered.
- This is a one-time award not renewable to past recipients.
Please check your application package carefully. Incomplete applications will not be considered. While we appreciate all applications, as a small organization, we can only contact the successful applicant.
Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions!