9628 supporters in this campaign
I am a witness
The I am a Witness campaign invites people to learn about the case on First Nations child welfare and Jordan's Principle and to decide for themselves whether or not they think there is discrimination against First Nations children and youth.
Visit the Tribunal Timeline and Documents for the latest on the case.
Kids need your help. What you can do:
The Tribunal ruling was a victory not only for First Nations kids, but for all Canadians who believe in love and fairness. But kids still need your help—here's what you can do:
- Read about the ruling and find out what it means.
- Write to the Prime Minister or your Member of Parliament to demand:
- Immediate implementation of these actions to relieve children's suffering, and
- Canada work with First Nations to set things right and put an end to discrimination. (sample letter here)
The Caring Society gratefully acknowledges the generous legal support of
- Conway Baxter Wilson LLP/s.r.l.
- Power Law,
- Gall Legge Grant & Monroe LLP and
- Clarke Child & Family Law.
To report a Jordan's Principle case, call the 24-hour line:
English: 1-855-JP-CHILD (1-855-572-4453)
French: 1-833-PJ-ENFAN (1-833-753-6326)
Or visit www.canada.ca/jordans-principle. If you have any difficulties, please contact the Caring Society at firstname.lastname@example.org or (613) 230-5885.