9693 supporters in this campaign
I am a witness
The I am a Witness campaign invites people to learn about the case on First Nations child welfare and Jordan's Principle and to decide for themselves whether or not they think there is discrimination against First Nations children and youth. Visit the Tribunal Timeline and Documents for the latest on the case.
- CHRT Timeline 2007-2019 (download below)
- Another victory for First Nations kids! Until the definition of a First Nations child is examined through the CHRT, Canada must provide services to non-status First Nations children in urgent, life-threatening situations.
- Report from IFSD on needs of First Nations Child & Family Service Agencies
- First Nations Child and Family Service Agency Funding Changes per the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal (including information on Jordan's Principle)
The Tribunal ruling was a victory not only for First Nations kids, but for all people in Canada who believe in love and fairness. But kids still need your help—here's what you can do:
- Read about the ruling and find out what it means.
- Read about the Spirit Bear Plan.
- Write to the Prime Minister or your Member of Parliament for immediate implementation of the Spirit Bear Plan to end inequalities in public services for First Nations children youth, and families (sample letter here).
- Follow @Caringsociety and @SpiritBear on Twitter and Facebook and repost updates.
The Caring Society gratefully acknowledges the generous legal support of
To report a Jordan's Principle case, call the 24-hour line:
English: 1-855-JP-CHILD (1-855-572-4453)
Or visit canada.ca/jordans-principle. If you have any difficulties, please contact the Caring Society at email@example.com or (613) 230-5885.