Please note: Dr. Cindy Blackstock is now booking into 2020 for presentations. Thank you for your understanding.
Caring Society staff are available to present at community forums, schools, post-secondary institutions, conferences, and other events.
For more information or to make a request, please fill out the form below.
Requirements for Presentations:
- LCD projector, screen, laptop computer with speakers or connected to in-house sound system and portable microphone for all presentations.
- All costs for travel and per diem (in accordance with the Treasury Board of Canada) will be covered by hosting organization.
- The speaking fee for Dr. Blackstock is $5000 (as of December 2017). For other staff members, the speaking fee is between $1200 and $1500. Please make all cheques payable to the First Nations Child & Family Caring Society.
- The speaking fee for webinar presentations by Dr. Blackstock is $1000 per hour. The speaking fee for webinars by other staff members ranges from $500-750 per hour.
- Given the limited staff, please outline all pre-and post-conference needs at the time of the request with timelines so that we may assess the presentation request appropriately. This could include: abstracts, photos, PowerPoint presentations, conference planning meetings, scheduled phone calls, video permissions, contracts, etc. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate further requests for information after your request is submitted.
- Head shots and biographies can be located here.
- We are honoured when we receive gifts from hosting organizations. In the occasion that a larger gift is presented, please make arrangements with the Caring Society office to ship it.
- If the hosting organization cancels a booked event, they will be required to give one month notice and cover all pre-existing/arranged travel expenses as well as a $500 cancellation fee. If a cancellation is made within the month leading up to the event, the hosting organization must provide full reimbursement as required as well as the full speaker's fee.