What We Do
Reconciliation in Action
- On February 14, the Caring Society hosted its annual Have a Heart Day event with more than 700 local students! Over 50 schools, workplaces and organizations held events nationwide with over 5,000 people celebrating in five different provinces and territories.
- We introduced the Touchstones of Hope to more than 250 enthusiastic and caring participants from six groups and communities.
- We distributed more than 300 packets of wildflower seeds across Canada for Honouring Memories, Planting Dreams!
Spirit Bear and Friends
- Spirit Bear published Spirit Bear: Fishing for Knowledge, Catching Dreams, his second illustrated children’s book and there is a free learning guide to go with it!
- We sold or donated over 2,000 copies of our annual calendar, Spirit Bear's 2019 Guide to Reconciliation. All proceeds support child- and youth-led reconciliation initiatives.
- Numerous groups, schools and communities worldwide were joined by a Reconciliation Ambearrister!
- Spirit Bear was honoured by two major universities in Canada! He received his PawhD in Social Work from the University of Victoria and his Bear So Wise (BSW) from McMaster University.
Making New Friends
- We published two issues of the First Peoples Child & Family Review, including our first ever audio-visual issue!
- Through our awards and scholarships, we were able to recognize a number of amazing groups and individuals who are taking action to ensure equity for First Nations children and youth.
- We appeared in the news over 200 times, nationally and internationally!
Your shopping cart is empty.