September 16, 2010
Mr. Angus (Timmins—James Bay)
That, in the opinion of the House, the government should:
- declare that all First Nation children have an equal right to high quality culturally-relevant education;
- commit to provide the necessary financial and policy supports for First Nations education systems;
- provide funding that will put reserve schools on par with non-reserve provincial schools;
- develop transparent methodologies for school construction, operation, maintenance and replacement;
- work collaboratively with First Nation leaders to establish equitable norms and formulas for determining class sizes and for the funding of educational resources, staff salaries, special education services and indigenous language instruction; and
- implement policies to make the First Nation education system, at a minimum, of equal quality to provincial school systems.
Your shopping cart is empty.