Learning Guide & Fun Ways to Learn
Spirit Bear is paw-sitively thrilled about his Learning Guides to accompany Spirit Bear and Children Make History and Spirit Bear: Fishing for Knowledge Catching Dreams. These guides are designed to support families, educators, and communities in using Spirit Bear's books to teach about equity, reconciliation, and how kids can make a difference.
Spirit Bear’s Learning Guides offer the following resources:
- Learning outcomes
- Words and concepts to think about
- Comprehension and reflection questions
- List of Caring Society reconciliation campaigns, events, and multimedia resources
- Assessment, evaluation and a rubric for holistic learning
- Colouring sheets, word searches and other handouts
Click on the below PDF icon to download!
Wow! Indspire has endorsed Spirit Bear and Children Make History as a Successful Practice in K-12 Indigenous education! Indspire is a national Indigenous-led charity that invests in the education of Indigenous people. Indspire’s database of Successful Practices is available online at www.indspire.ca/k12-institute/
Fun Ways to Learn
The Caring Society has many great resources for families, educators and communities! Here are some things to check out:
- Reconciliation Ambearrister Program - This special bear is a guide for participating in reconciliation activities and hosting groups would “teach” their bear Indigenous languages and stories, and make sure it joins in cultural activities.
- Educational Resources - These resources are categorized by age group and are intended to help learn about Indigenous peoples in Canada, the importance of equity for First Nations young people and provide meaningful ways to participate in reconciliation initiatives.