Spirit Bear's COVID-19 Resources
As people continue to face challenging times as well as be supports for others during the COVID-19 pandemic, whether on the frontline or from afar, the Caring Society wanted to compile some resources to help everyone stay safe and informed during this time.
- This website by the Government of Canada explains the financial benefits and supports available to families and individuals, including Indigenous peoples during COVID-19.
- The Lancet's article, "Pandemics and the health of a nation" analyses the health and societal impact of pandemics and recessions in the UK and other countries.
- If you are experiencing distress, Crisis Services Canada has a hotline you can call and resources available.
- This article by the Angus Reid Institute explains data from a recent study investigating how Canadians' emotional and psychological wellbeing have been affected by COVID-19.
- Read Scott Berinato’s article in the Harvard Business Review, “That Discomfort You’re Feeling is Grief” which offers compassionate insight and practical advice for navigating difficult feelings during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Autism Ontario's resource page includes resources for professionals, families and educators, children and youth and Indigenous communities.
- CyberNews shared an article about staying safe online during the pandemic as internet use increases at home, work, and school.
If you know of other resources that might be helpful, please contact us. We hope that everyone stays safe and supported during this time!