In November 2021, A7G hosted two focus groups and a national survey. A7G heard from over 100 Indigenous youth and children who had experienced...
Indigenous Knowledge Portal
Welcome to the Indigenous Knowledge Portal (IKP), a searchable database and related links that provides access to a variety of annotated literature reviews, reports, guides, films, booklets, studies, journal articles and presentations all related to Aboriginal children and families in Canada and similar countries. The Caring Society follows OCAP principles and provides open access to all the documents included here.
Please browse the content by format (below) or enter a search to find entries in our database.
Year: 2022Type: Information Sheets
"The Committee considered the combined fifth to sixth periodic reports of Canada at its 2604th and 2606th meetings, held online on 17 and 18 May...
Year: 2021Type: Statement or Submission
Statement to the public in response to Canada's decision to appeal the Federal Court's decision on the Compensation Order (2019 CHRT 39)
Year: 2021Type: Legal Documents
Year: 2021Type: Report, Journal Articles
Addressing the needs of Indigenous women and girls with disabilities, require a new conceptual model. While the ‘medical model of disability’ and...
Year: 2021Type: Information Sheets
Caring Society Information Sheet on Tribunal ruling confirming four categories of eligibility for Jordan's Principle. These categories ensure that...
Year: 2021Type: ReportPublisher: Assembly of Seven Generations, First Nations Child & Family Caring Society of Canada
A report led by the Assembly of Seven Generations that outlines requirements for a model of accountability for...File(s):
Year: 2021Type: Report, Information Sheets
Denouncing the Continued Overrepresentation of First Nations Children in Canadian Child Welfare
First Nations/Canadian Incidence...File(s):
- FNCIS 2019 - Child Maltreatment investigations involving children 1-3 Information Sheet
- FNCIS 2019 - Child Maltreatment investigations involving children 4-7 Information Sheet
- FNCIS 2019 - Child Maltreatment investigations involving children 8-11 Information Sheet
- FNCIS 2019 - Child Maltreatment investigations involving children 12-15 Information Sheet
- FNCIS 2019 - Age Disparities Information Sheet
- FNCIS 2019 - Household Risk Factors Information Sheet
- FNCIS 2019 - Child Maltreatment investigations involving Infants Information Sheet
- FNCIS 2019 - Primary Caregiver Risk Factors Information Sheet