Addressing the needs of Indigenous women and girls with disabilities, require a new conceptual model. While the ‘medical model of disability’ and...
Indigenous Knowledge Portal
Welcome to the Indigenous Knowledge Portal (IKP), a searchable database and related links that provides access to a variety of annotated literature reviews, reports, guides, films, booklets, studies, journal articles and presentations all related to Aboriginal children and families in Canada and similar countries. The Caring Society follows OCAP principles and provides open access to all the documents included here.
Please browse the content by format (below) or enter a search to find entries in our database.
Year: 2021Type: Report, Journal Articles
Year: 2021Type: Report, Information Sheets
Denouncing the Continued Overrepresentation of First Nations Children in Canadian Child Welfare
First Nations/Canadian Incidence...File(s):
- FNCIS 2019 - Child Maltreatment investigations involving children 1-3 Information Sheet
- FNCIS 2019 - Child Maltreatment investigations involving children 4-7 Information Sheet
- FNCIS 2019 - Child Maltreatment investigations involving children 8-11 Information Sheet
- FNCIS 2019 - Child Maltreatment investigations involving children 12-15 Information Sheet
- FNCIS 2019 - Age Disparities Information Sheet
- FNCIS 2019 - Household Risk Factors Information Sheet
- FNCIS 2019 - Child Maltreatment investigations involving Infants Information Sheet
- FNCIS 2019 - Primary Caregiver Risk Factors Information Sheet
Year: 2019Type: ReportPublisher: First Nations Chid & Family Caring Society of Canada
A response to the work of the Canadian Commission for the International Year of the Child and its 1979 report, For Canada's Children: A...
Year: 2018Type: ReportPublisher: Ontario Human Rights Commission
For decades, Indigenous, Black and other racialized families and communities have raised the alarm that their children are over-represented in the...
Year: 2000Type: ReportPublisher: Assembly of First Nations
A report on the findings of a national review on the policies of the Department of Indian and Northern Affairs Canada respecting First Nations...
Year: 1967Type: ReportPublisher: Canadian Welfare Council
In a report prepared for the Department of Indian Affairs and Northern Development, it was found that 80% of residential school students were...File(s):