In November 2019, Assembly of Seven Generations (A7G) alongside the Caring Society and Youth In Care Canada helped facilitate and organize the...
Indigenous Knowledge Portal
Welcome to the Indigenous Knowledge Portal (IKP), a searchable database and related links that provides access to a variety of annotated literature reviews, reports, guides, films, booklets, studies, journal articles and presentations all related to Aboriginal children and families in Canada and similar countries. The Caring Society follows OCAP principles and provides open access to all the documents included here.
Please browse the content by format (below) or enter a search to find entries in our database.
Année: 2022Type: Report
Année: 2021Type: Report, Feuillets d’information
Denouncing the Continued Overrepresentation of First Nations Children in Canadian Child Welfare
First Nations/Canadian Incidence...File(s):
- FNCIS 2019 - Child Maltreatment investigations involving children 1-3 Information Sheet
- FNCIS 2019 - Child Maltreatment investigations involving children 4-7 Information Sheet
- FNCIS 2019 - Child Maltreatment investigations involving children 8-11 Information Sheet
- FNCIS 2019 - Child Maltreatment investigations involving children 12-15 Information Sheet
- FNCIS 2019 - Age Disparities Information Sheet
- FNCIS 2019 - Household Risk Factors Information Sheet
- FNCIS 2019 - Child Maltreatment investigations involving Infants Information Sheet
- FNCIS 2019 - Primary Caregiver Risk Factors Information Sheet
Année: 2021Type: Report, Journal Articles
Addressing the needs of Indigenous women and girls with disabilities, require a new conceptual model. While the ‘medical model of disability’ and...
Année: 2020Type: Report
This technical note by the Alliance for Child Protection and Humanitarian Action highlights child protection risks posed by the COVID-19 pandemic...
Année: 2019Type: ReportPublisher: First Nations Chid & Family Caring Society of Canada
A response to the work of the Canadian Commission for the International Year of the Child and its 1979 report, For Canada's Children: A...
Année: 2019Type: Report, Website
On June 3, 2019, the National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls released their Final Report, Reclaiming Power and...
Année: 2018Type: ReportPublisher: Ontario Human Rights Commission
For decades, Indigenous, Black and other racialized families and communities have raised the alarm that their children are over-represented in the...
Année: 2015Type: ReportPublisher: Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada
In order to redress the legacy of the residential schools and advance the process of Canadian reconciliation, the Truth and Reconciliation...File(s):