Denouncing the Continued Overrepresentation of First Nations Children in Canadian Child Welfare
First Nations/Canadian Incidence...
Indigenous Knowledge Portal
Welcome to the Indigenous Knowledge Portal (IKP), a searchable database and related links that provides access to a variety of annotated literature reviews, reports, guides, films, booklets, studies, journal articles and presentations all related to Aboriginal children and families in Canada and similar countries. The Caring Society follows OCAP principles and provides open access to all the documents included here.
Please browse the content by format (below) or enter a search to find entries in our database.
Année: 2021Type: Report, Feuillets d’information
Denouncing the Continued Overrepresentation of First Nations Children in Canadian Child WelfareFile(s):
- FNCIS 2019 - Child Maltreatment investigations involving children 1-3 Information Sheet
- FNCIS 2019 - Child Maltreatment investigations involving children 4-7 Information Sheet
- FNCIS 2019 - Child Maltreatment investigations involving children 8-11 Information Sheet
- FNCIS 2019 - Child Maltreatment investigations involving children 12-15 Information Sheet
- FNCIS 2019 - Age Disparities Information Sheet
- FNCIS 2019 - Household Risk Factors Information Sheet
- FNCIS 2019 - Child Maltreatment investigations involving Infants Information Sheet
- FNCIS 2019 - Primary Caregiver Risk Factors Information Sheet
Année: 2019Type: ReportPublisher: Pan American Health Organization
This report analyses health inequalities throughout the Americas. It identifies structural determinants of health inequality, and makes evidence-...
Année: 2015Type: ReportPublisher: Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada
In order to redress the legacy of the residential schools and advance the process of Canadian reconciliation, the Truth and Reconciliation...File(s):
Année: 2010Type: ReportPublisher: Assembly of First Nations
A full 10 years after the tabling of the Royal Commission of Aboriginal People (RCAP) recommendations, the Assembly of First Nations (AFN) has...
Année: 2005Type: ReportPublisher: First Nations Child & Family Caring Society of Canada
Année: 2000Type: ReportPublisher: Assembly of First Nations
A report on the findings of a national review on the policies of the Department of Indian and Northern Affairs Canada respecting First Nations...
Année: 1996Type: ReportPublisher: Royal Commission on Aboriginal Peoples
The Royal Commssion on Aboriginal Peoples (RCAP) was established by Order in Council on August 26, 1991 and charged with the mandate to "...
Année: 1967Type: ReportPublisher: Canadian Welfare Council
In a report prepared for the Department of Indian Affairs and Northern Development, it was found that 80% of residential school students were...File(s):
Année: 1907Type: ReportPublisher: Government Printing Bureau
Dr. PH Bryce was hired as a Chief Medical Officer for the Department of the Interior and Indian Affairs where he was tasked with reporting on the...